Tuesday 20 October 2009

Nearly there...

On Saturday 24th, I'm finally off to Bethlehem. I will be travelling up to Heathrow early that morning to meet with my "Assistant" Hannah McCabe. We will be flying out to Tel Aviv with Canon Paul Miller and Claire Tillotson, a Music Therapist. The whole idea for this project came from them, and they've spent the last 3 years getting to this point.

They are going to settle us in our accomodation and introduce us to everyone, helping us to set up a timetable. I think this is a great idea, as it will no doubt remove a lot of the groundwork we would otherwise have to do.

My suitcase is filling up, more with books and various pieces of equipment than clothes, although I have managed to pack my swimming costume in case I get a chance for a dip in the Dead Sea!

Watch this space for further posts. You can find out more about the charity that has organised us volunteers on www.musicastherapy.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment